The College Golf Course at Delhi
Course Information & Updates
Course operating rules and procedures for 2021:
We will again follow guidance from NY State and Empire State Development regarding course operations during the pandemic. Please read our course safety policies carefully.
- Customers are encouraged to prepay for their round. This can be done by calling the pro shop (607) 746-4653 or booking online.
- Tee times can be made 10 days in advance. When using the online system please be sure to register for 9 or 18 holes and select a cart if you will be riding.
- MEMBERS: If multiple members wish to reserve time together each member will need to make a separate reservation for the same tee time. Members can purchase a pre-paid cart punch cards for 9 or 18 holes. Cards can be stored it in the pro shop for convenience and safety. 11 rentals for the price of 10.
- Access to the Pro Shop will be limited to 3 customers at a time, masks are required, and customers must maintain 6' between each other.
- Staff member density will also be reduced in the Pro Shop, only one behind the counter at a time and will also social distance from others at all times.
- Masks are required inside the clubhouse at all times, except if you are seated at a table in Bluestone.
- Staff will wipe down and disinfect all high-touch traffic areas accessed by any employees or guests including golf carts, pull carts, doors, handles, doorknobs, payment terminals, golf counters, tables, and chairs.
- Any customer or employee who feels ill in any way is not permitted on the property.
- Golfers and Employees are required to maintain a 6’ social distance from one another. This includes all areas on the course, range, and the practice putting green.
- Golfers are required to handle all their own equipment. Do not share clubs with anyone outside of your household.
- Golf carts will be spaced in the staging area 6’ apart with the keys in them. Sanitized carts and pull carts will be labeled. When you return a cart, please remove the sanitized label so it can be cleaned and sanitized again.
- Masks must be worn inside golf carts shared by golfers who are not from the same household.
- Responsible shared cart use is permitted. Plastic dividers are available for shared golf carts.
- Do not touch the flagstick and leave it in the hole when playing.
- There are no bunker rakes on the course.
- Water coolers are out of service.
- Scorecards and pencils are located near the 1st Tee and the Pro shop. These are single-use items until further notice.
- Golfers are asked to bring their own sanitizer when possible.
Observance of rules are mandatory. Failure to comply will result in the loss of golf privileges. We are committed to again providing a safe and healthy recreational activity to our members and guests.
Thank you for your patronage!
About The Course
The College Golf Course at Delhi is the area’s premier 18-hole public course. Located in Delhi, Delaware County, NY, the course’s front nine is a classic 1960’s design renowned for its natural beauty and challenging, undulating greens. In fact, the 7th hole has been rated among the top 18 in the Southern Tier.
The back nine, which opened in June 1996, is routed through the rolling terrain of the surrounding mountains. It is a magnificent natural design developed with the input and support of national leaders in the golf industry. Special features include state-of-the-art grasses and irrigation, panoramic views, and tee options that make it challenging and fun for golfers of every ability.
Our practice facilities are among the best in the region. We offer an all-grass driving range and a large practice green which also includes a full chipping area and sand trap.
The College Golf Course at Delhi is a training ground for students enrolled in SUNY Delhi’s nationally recognized Golf Course Operations, Turf Management, and Professional Golf Management programs. Students learn all facets of the golf industry and put those skills to work at the course as part of their academic training.
Outstanding course conditions make The College Golf Course at Delhi the area’s leading championship event site. Since 2010, it has hosted the New York State Public High School Girls Championship as well as the Section 4, Class D Championship. It has been the long-standing host of the Delaware County Men’s and Women’s Amateur Championships and it annually serves as the site for a Northeastern New York PGA Section Player Ability Test.
The course and its unique link to SUNY Delhi’s golf education programs have generated considerable attention, including features in Links and New York Golf magazines. It is certified as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary and is one of only three college courses in the nation to be Audubon-certified (University of Maryland at College Park and the University of Notre Dame are the other two).
Enjoy other features including:
- Driving Range
- Practice Green
- Pro Shop
- Bluestone Pub & Restaurant
- Junior Golf Program
- Leagues for men, women, couples, seniors
- Lessons & Private Instruction
- Our mobile app available on Google Play or Apple App Store featuring GPS for each hole and the driving range, online ordering for Bluestone, leader-boards, and more.
Our Men's League is held on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights.
Our Women's League is held on Thursday nights.
Those interested league play should call the pro shop at 607-746-4653 for details.